This article was originally posted in its entirety on the Paragon Blog here: http://www.paragon-inc.com/blog/sitecore-9-install-the-easy-way.
You’ve either arrived because you made it through the full series or a quick google landed you here as you where looking for a quick and easy Sitecore XP 9 install.
Most of the following was taken from the Sitecore Installation Guide but is a little buried in all the documentation, so this will be a long term refernece for myself, my teams, and now you!
- MS SQL Server 2016 SP1
- Microsoft PowerShell 5.1 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework (DacFx) version 2016
- SQL Sys ClR Types
- Web Platform Installer 5.0
- Web Deploy 3.6 for Hosting Servers
- Url Rewrite 2.1
- Java, required for Solr
- Ensure PowerShell will allow for running of unsigned modules, by opening a PowerShell prompt as Admin and running
- Install MS SQL 2016 SP1 or later
- Install Web Deploy 3.6 for Hosting Servers (done via the Web Platform Installer)
- Install Url Rewrite 2.1 (done via the Web Platform Installer)
- Install Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework (DacFx) version 2016
- To support DacFx, the target SQL server needs to allow users and logins at the DB level, this can be configured/confirmed by running the following SQL script
sp_configure 'contained database authentication', 1; GO RECONFIGURE; GO
- Extract the contents of Sitecore 9.0.1 rev. 171219 (WDP XP0 packages).zip to a working directory. You should see the following
- Sitecore 9.0.1 rev. 171219 (OnPrem)_single.scwdp.zip
- Sitecore 9.0.1 rev. 171219 (OnPrem)_zp0xconnect.scwdp.zip
- XP0 Configuration Files 9.0.1 rev 171219.zip
- Extract the contents of XP0 Configuration Files 9.0.1 rev 171219.zip, and you should have the following JSON configuration files, this should be the same directory as the WDP packages in step 6:
At this point the working directory should look like this:
- Open a PowerShell Command prompt as Admin
- Change directory to your Working Directory as defined in step 7
- Download the install script from Sitecore Easy Install Gist by running the following
(Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://gist.github.com/gillissm/1a3d826e6287e4cd106acea941748643).Content | Out-File "SitecoreEasyInstall.ps1"
- Open SitecoreEasyInstall.ps1 in your favorite editor (my recommendation is to open the entire working directory in Visual Studio Code).
- The first section of the file are global parameters that will define how your environment is configured and installed so update accordingly based on the instructions. At a minimum all values in the ‘CUSTOM TO THE ENVIRONMENT’ section should be completed.
- From the PowerShell prompt run
- Grab some coffee (or beer, I won’t judge) while it runs. (On my machine I was up and runninng in about 10 minutes.)
- Enjoy Sitecore Experience Platform 9!!!